Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Reading

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rasnay
a GREAT summer read!
It has been several years since I have experienced the extreme exhaustion associated with suffering through difficult circumstances. I fell into the month of June barely able to put one foot in front of the other and stumbling through my days. But alas, summer appeared, providing the opportunity to rest a bit. I am trying to be very intentional about the following things:
1. exercise
2. sleeping
3. eating healthy
4. making art
5. reading mindless fiction (aka beach reading)
6. solitude
7. praying
8. capturing precious moments with my daughters
9. spending time with authentic friends
10. taking inexpensive, quick trips out of town

It's a long list and reads much like "New Year's Resolutions." But maybe this summer is a "new year" for me! I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment