Saturday, December 26, 2009

Wrapping Paper and Ribbons






Unwrapping gifts at Christmas at my house takes very little time! We are all excited to discover the gift inside the paper and ribbons. As I cleaned up the scattered and torn wrappings and bows under our Christmas tree yesterday morning, I wondered, who would have thought that the birth of a baby in a horse stable to an unwed teen and her fiance' would be a glorious gift to all of God's people? Really? What an unlikely package for such a gift. And yet, how like God to present us with something that appears to be a difficult situation; something awkward, hard, or unsavory.
In my life, God appears to delight in presenting me with the rough and unsightly packaging of gifts. This past year in particular, has been a year of gifts from God that have required trust and obedience. I have had to work hard to trust that the ugliness of a situation did indeed include the perfect gift. His gift giving is extravagant!
Every good action and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon, and stars,who does not change like their shifting shadows.
James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment