Wednesday, July 2, 2008

As It Was In The Beginning...

I will be teaching three new electives this school year and am spending much of the summer writing the curriculum for these courses. This week, I have been focusing on the planning for "Botanical Watercolors." I started painting in watercolors 7 years ago and grew to love the medium. Today, I dusted off the top of the fishing tackle box that houses my tubes of watercolors and inventoried the lot. It has been three years since I considered watercolor as my primary medium and I am need of purchasing a few tubes of paint: phthalo blue, lamp black, payne's gray, and lemon yellow are all available in Windsor Newton at Jerry's Artarama in Raleigh. Unfortunately, I am completely out of Quinacridone Gold which is only available online at Daniel Smith! It is my very favorite color in the whole world and although I have a good supply of the hue in acrylic paint, I am without a watercolor tube. I will need to be patient and wait for the order to arrive at my home next week. Patience is a good lesson for me in many areas of my life, but especially with regard to watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment