Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pat-a-Cake

"Pat-a-cake. Pat-a-cake. Baker's man. Bake me a cake as fast as you can!" My knee has been painful for nearly 4 weeks now and although the previous diagnosis was "tendonitis," following an ex-ray and an MRI last week, it has been changed to "Baker's Cyst." I have learned that baking has nothing to do with the cyst (not a surprise since the chance of me incurring injury while baking is miniscule because I seldom bake), but is named for the physician who discovered the annoying condition, Dr. Baker. Nevertheless, I am REALLY cranky because I CAN'T exercise without experiencing GREAT pain. I am also CRANKY because "Baker's Cysts are COMMON in the elderly. I am NOT THAT OLD! I protest!!

1 comment:

  1. Owie! Not good. Thanks for your advice on my painting problems - you diagnosed it perfectly! Flattening. Of course.

    Hope you feel better. Gearing up for June!

    love. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete