Sunday, December 9, 2007

Beauty in Unlikely Places


After a week of watching focused students making great art in the artroom, I was cleaning brushes that had been sitting in what appeared to be a bottomless wash tub for several days. Soaking brushes for days is not recommended care for brushes; however, if I have to choose between working with students or washing brushes, I choose students EVERY time! As I washed and rinsed and washed and rinsed and washed and rinsed, I eventually found the bottom of the tub. The remaining paint swirled and flowed and made me smile. Art is ALL around us...even in the bottom of a tub of dirty paint brushes.

1 comment:

  1. ahh!!! this is amazing. when I saw these, I thought you discovered a new psychedelic painter or something, but it's paint leftovers. Art IS everywhere.

    ReplyDelete