Friday, November 9, 2007

One Year Later

Just over one year ago, I had the great privilege of showing two years of collaborative altered books with three dear friends. We called ourselves "The Changelings" and the exhibit was housed at the Horace Williams House in Chapel Hill. I recall the opening on a Sunday afternoon; an afternoon of fresh flowers, refreshments, and friendship.

Shortly after our show, one of us moved to Charlottesville, Va. We have not heard from her since her move. I hope that she is painting with intensity and oblivious to the outside world. And now, another of us is on her way to Australia for two years! I am inheriting her drafting table and bicycle and will be the owner of one of her original paintings.

And so, there are two of us left in the area from the original "Changelings." I am sad. The four of us were good together!

No comments:

Post a Comment