Monday, October 15, 2007

Making Art from "Nothing"


Last Thursday, I had the opportunity to view the work of Dan and Lia Perjovschi at the Nasher Museum and to see and hear a slide lecture by curator of the exhibit and Professor of Modern and Contemporary Art, Department of Art, Art History and Visual Studies at Duke, Kristine Stiles. WOW! I am now momentarily obsessed with making art from "nothing." I have SO MANY OTHER projects that I should be working on and yet, I am tearing apart an index book from 1970 and am making a mess if nothing else.

States of Mind: Dan and Lia Perjovschi is a mid-career retrospective of the work of these Romanian artists. The exhibit hangs through January 6, 2008. It is a powerful exhibit!

1 comment:

  1. Your work space is so inspiring! I love the fish and bright colors. Keep rockin' out!

    ReplyDelete